Performs a variety of duties to maintain the cleanliness and sanitary conditions and appearance of the facility. Reports to the Housekeeping Supervisor.
This position demands good physical and mental health. The housekeeper will be required to lift, carry, walk, sit, push, pull and work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends. Must be able to move continuously during work hours and be able to lift and/or carry 50 to 75 pounds.
- Maintain facility in a sanitary and infection-free condition through deep cleaning in accordance with the Housekeeping Manual.
- Provides deep cleaning and sanitizing of family rooms after check-out. Restocks rooms for paper goods, cleaning supplies, and freshly laundered linens. This includes sweeping, dusting, mopping and sanitizing of all surfaces, including the restroom. Also responsible for washing/drying all linens in the bedroom.
- Responsible for maintaining all common areas, public restrooms and activity rooms. This includes sweeping, dusting, mopping and sanitizing of all surfaces.
- Responsible for making sure kitchens and dining rooms are cleaned throughout the day. This includes taking the dirty dishes out of the sinks and putting them into the dishwashers, wiping the counters down as well as the dining room tables.
- Responsible for disposal of trash, waste, and other disposable materials in the common areas and public restrooms.
- Must handle various cleaning solvents, chemicals, etc. Must comply with all regulations such as OSHA, EPA, State Health Department, etc.
- Maintains and stores cleaning equipment in clean and safe condition; reports to Housekeeping Supervisor any equipment repair needs.
- Regularly checks inventory of supplies for House and family use; submits lists for purchase.
- Assists with gathering supplies, providing task lists and coordinating with staff on special cleaning days with volunteers.
- Ensure all assigned tasks are completed in a timely manner as designated by Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Restock and maintain cleaning cart with supplies needed for shift.
- Display a positive attitude towards families and co-workers, dealing with them in a courteous and professional manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Must be able to pass a background check
Must be able to work some nights and weekends
Minimum Education: Ability to read, write and comprehend verbal and written instructions
Minimum Experience: 6 months
Skills: Technical - Mechanical cleaners: Vacuums,Washers, Dryers