Responsible for assisting the Volunteer & Program Manager with the various programs offered at Ronald McDonald House. Reports directly to the Volunteer & Program Manager. Hours primarily 10am-7pm with some weekends.
1. Assists and cultivates groups and organizations scheduled to provide meals, activities, and entertainment for the families. Makes sure groups comply with all RMH policies regarding activities and meals. Recruits groups for house events and Chef in the House Program.
2. Work with Volunteer & Program Manager as well as Director of House Operations to provide on-going planned House activities including holiday celebrations. Work with outside organizations to secure passes for events and places of interest in town. Maintain ongoing communications with guests regarding planned activities, upcoming events, scheduled House maintenance and related issues by distributing notices and/or one-on-one communication.
3. Oversee special events in and around the House such as family activities, children’s programs, tickets to local attractions, etc. Refers families to available resources and support organizations.
4. Manages Ronald McDonald House calendar of events. Posts calendar for families monthly, makes changes as needed and maintains the digital bulletin boards.
5. Maintains the digital bulletin boards as directed by Director of House Operations.
6. Greets families, donors and visitors with a pleasant smile and welcome as they come into the House. When possible, greets by name. Monitors that visitors, donors and vendors sign in and out.
7. Appropriately assists families as needed with their requests.
8. When a volunteer is not available answers the telephone and routes the calls to the appropriate person. Takes accurate and complete messages when needed.
9. Sorts mail and distribute as necessary.
10. Assists in accepting and sorting donations. Puts donations in proper place and work in supply closets as needed. Prepares thank you notes for In-Kind Donors. Enters all donations into Razors Edge.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Minimum Education: Some college or equivalent experience
- Minimum Experience: 3 year in customer service setting
- Preferred Experience: Dealing with people in personal crisis
- Supervisory: Nature of work - Clerical, Professional, Volunteers
- Requirements: Manage projects from inception to execution.
Excellent written & verbal communication
Must be attentive to detail & able to prioritize tasks & manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Able to work flexible hours, including occasional night or weekends.
- Working Conditions: Normal office environment
Visual concentration on computer screens
Interested parties should forward their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.