We have immediate openings for a Maintenance Assistant and for a Overnight Manager
Job Description: Maintenance Assistant
The Maintenance assistant position requires overall maintenance knowledge and trouble shooting ability with skills in painting, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, equipment, and tool usage. The position assists the Facilities Manager with the maintenance repairs and cleaning of the facilities and grounds. Reports to the Facilities Manager.
- Performs a wide variety of general and semiskilled maintenance activities (e.g. carpentry, painting, electrical, plumbing, etc.) for the purpose of completing projects within established time frames.
- Cleans buildings and grounds areas as needed and/or assigned for the purpose of providing an effective working/living environment, preventing damage and/or limiting liability exposure.
- Install system components parts, (e.g. lighting, heating and ventilating systems, alarms, plumbing, security, electrical panels, etc.)
- Prepares written materials (e.g. repair status, activity logs, work orders, etc) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or conveying information.
- Maintains assigned vehicle, tools and equipment for the purpose of ensuring availability in safe operating condition.
- Under the direction of the Facilities Manager, maintains facility, performing minor and routine painting, electrical wiring, basic plumbing, grouting and other related maintenance activities, using hand and power tools.
- Responsible for properly filling out repair forms and paperwork relating to daily inspections of property and mechanical closets.
- Assists with execution of the monthly maintenance calendar tasks, to include all major appliances, heating, air conditioning, plumbing, electrical, mechanical and fire alarm systems.
- Performs preventative maintenance tasks daily and coordinate needed repairs with the Facilities Manager.
- Responds to maintenance requests and performs repairs in a timely manner, fills out and files all necessary paperwork.
- Assists in cleaning of the common areas on a daily basis.
- Assists with other heavy duty cleaning tasks as needed.
- Coordinates with skilled tradesmen, outside vendors and contractors for on-site services for the purpose of completing projects and work orders efficiently.
- Responds to emergency situations during and after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Serves on-call for emergency maintenance assistance during off hours when Facilities Manager is not available or when extra help is needed.
- Assists staff with set-up and breakdown of special events and activities at the House and off-site.
- Follows the procedure and process for checking in donations of dry goods, food, and product delivery.
- Assists Facilities Manager in recycling of pull tabs.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Education: High School & 2 years trade school
- 5 years experience performing general maintenance.
- Must have a valid drivers’ license.
- Must be able to read a variety of manuals, write documents following prescribed formats and/or present information to others: understand complex, multi-step written and oral instructions.
- Requires mathematical development sufficient to be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure.
- Must be willing to work a flexible shift.
- Handles multiple tasks
- Maintain logs/fills out daily paperwork and PM logs
- Objectively handles emotional situations
- Periodic inventory
- Problem solving
- Research information
- Good communication skills – written and verbal
- Hand and power tools
- Must be able to operate a Lift, Polishers, Buffers, Vacuums and other heavy equipment
- Must have knowledge of basic plumbing and electricity
- Use arithmetic to measure, compute materials
- Lifting 50lbs max
- Carrying objects weighing up to 50lbs
- Climbing, Balancing, Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching, Crawling, Reaching, Handling, Bending, Walking
May work nights or weekends, flexible schedule
- Background check
- Possible Alcohol and Drug Test
- FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Job Description: Overnight Manager
Reports to: Director of House Operations
Work hours: midnight-8am (part time). Sunday through Thursday nights on a rotating basis (one week requires 3 nights, next 2 nights on rotating basis)
Summary: Responsible for the overnight operations and supervision of the House, which includes family services and security.
- Assures that operational activities are carried out in accordance to policies determined by the Board of Directors and as directed by the Director of House Operations.
- Responsible for assuring the environment and facilities are comfortable for residents and services are appropriately provided.
- Handle emergency situations (e.g. illness, power outage, fire, etc.) that occur during the shift. Maintain composure; notify officials as needed (i.e. 911) or Director of House Operations, and calmly and appropriately direct families. Have a continued awareness of situations that may have emergency potential. Uses Crisis Manual as a tool to handle emergency situations. Complete Incident Reports and file with appropriate individuals when necessary.
- Checks in families and gives House orientations when assigned by the Director of House Operations. Enter families that check in into the Property Management System.
- Enforces House rules and policies; intervenes when necessary in an appropriate manner to resolve family issues/conflicts.
- Maintains visible presences in the House during shift.
- Sets up the grab and go breakfast bar each morning at 6am.
- Work on tasks assigned by the Director of House Operations which would include stocking and sorting donations, maintaining kitchens, pantries and other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for cleaning and maintaining Ali’s Grill.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must be CPR/AED trained.
The ideal candidate will possess some college education and have a minimum of 5 years of work related experience in a customer service or health care field. Excellent communications skills are essential. Must be able to provide a listening and compassionate ear to families in need and objectively handle emotional situations. The ideal candidate must be able to thrive in a team oriented and fast-paced environment. Must possess a strong attention to detail and be able to multi-task with ease. Must be able to speak and understand Spanish. Must also pass a background check.